Before a child can be accepted by any school in Dubai, it is the parent's responsibility to provide a Transfer Certificate (TC) from the child's previous school, as required by the UAE's Ministry of Education. If a Transfer Certificate is not being provided, it will not be legally possible to register a child at a school or with the Ministry of Education.
1. Transfer Certificate
TCs are required for all students joining from another school. Special rules apply depending on where this school is located:
1.1 TC for students transferring from outside the UAE
For students coming from countries other than the USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Western Europe this TC must be attested by:
· the Ministry of Education or its equivalent from the country of TC origin
· the UAE Embassy in the country of TC origin
· the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country where the TC was issued
A sample Transfer Certificate can be downloaded here that schools outside of the UAE can use to supply all the relevant details. The certificate must be in English and printed on original, school headed notepaper. It must be signed by the Principal and stamped with the school's official stamp.
1.2 TC required for students transferring from a school in Dubai
JBS must first supply an acceptance letter in Arabic in order to obtain a TC from the current school. The document provided by that school will be an original TC, in the standard UAE format, in Arabic, signed and stamped by the previous school.
1.3 TC required for students from elsewhere in the UAE.
This will be an original TC, in the standard UAE format, in Arabic, signed and stamped by the previous school and attested by the Ministry of Education in that Emirate.
2. A completed medical form, enclosed in the application pack.
3. A copy of the most recent school report, together with previous grade reports.
4. 2 copies of birth certificate in English or Arabic. Please note: if the original birth certificate is in any other language, it must be legally translated by an officially recognised translating service into English or Arabic
5. 2 copies of student's passport
6. 2 copies of parent/legal guardian's passport
7. 6 recent passport sized photos
8. A copy of the student's vaccination card and medical record
9. 2 copies of residence visa for non-UAE nationals, except GCC nationals.
A copy of the latest school report must be submitted to JBS, clearly stating the Grade the student is currently attending or has completed.